Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm feliz about Felice

Let's see....tomorrow my good friend Felice comes for a short visit. She will be here a week. Knowing that I am in school the entire time she's here, we only had this up-coming weekend to try and do something "touristy" so I'm taking her to a local volcano which, yes, its ACTIVE 24/7. You can see lava all the time (depending on cloud coverage of course).

This week went well. I had one of those "ahah" moments when you really feel like you get the hang of something. Here's what I got....I can understand about 95% of everything that is said to me. AND....I had a full conversation on the phone in Spanish today. For those of you who may not know, speaking on the phone is an entire different monster when it comes to a foreign language. It is rough! You'll notice that I said I UNDERSTAND 95%. My hang-up is still on the speaking end of things. That will come with time.

I anticipate not writing too much this next week as I will be busy entertaining my dear friend. I expect to have a fun "felice video" next weekend though so check back in soon!
Blessings
Zoe
p.s. the title: "feliz" is the Spanish word for "happy." "Felice" is the name of my friend. Her parents don't even speak Spanish, go figure!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

poco a poco my friend. Enjoy your week! Erin