Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Latest news...

Well, The origional departure date I had planned has come and gone. August 28th was not what God had in mind I guess. So, I'm left with two options...sit around a pout, or keep pushing forward. I'm definately still making active plans to go. My biggest prayer right now is that I'll be able to leave before the end of the year, or at least have a ticket booked for January before the end of the year. But, God already knows the exact date of my departure.
Right now I'm waiting to hear from a church here in the Atlanta area as to whether or not they are going to support me. I should know in the next 2 weeks. If they become a supporting church, I'll be able to leave this year. If not, I will begin to get very creative in my support raising. I have already contacted friends and family and most of them are supporting me already. This is all part of the process and I'm having to trust God more than ever. It is easy these days to feel that I have come to a complete stand still in this process. It's easy to wonder if I'll ever get to go. But then I read the latest news in Colombia, or make contact with my friends there and I am reminded of why I'm doing this and that the passion is still VERY MUCH there.
Please keep me in your prayers and feel free to contact me via email or phone. Blessings!

For information on how to give, please see the bottom of the page for instructions. Also email me at zdmac@mac.com