Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas and Wedding...

This past week has been one for the books. As if the joys and stresses of the holidays aren't enough, I have added a long LONG list of wedding to do's. So, it has been a very fun and very hectic week. I'll start with the wedding stuff quickly and then move on to the wonderful Christmas that we celebrated yesterday.

Last saturday all of my bridesmaids came over for a brunch before heading over to David's Bridal to try on bridesmaids dresses. It was a fun day and it was so great to see all my girls. I have 3 bridesmaids and 1 Jr. bridesmaid. We picked out a dress (not shown below) for the girls along with some shoes for them as well. Thanks girls for making it a wonderful day!

Patrice being silly
Nicki pretending to propose
My T-shirt that Nicki gave me, so cute!
My three bridesmaids....so beautiful!

While we all know that Christmas falls on December 25th, it doesn't mean that the festivities are secluded to one day. I attended three Christmas parties last week, had a special Christmas Eve night with my family of 6, and then had an all-day event yesterday at my grandparent's home. It was a wonderful two days and I can't help but think of how next year a new member to the family will be added and the McLuhan-Hammond traditions will be tweaked a bit as Aaron and I come up with our own Das traditions. But until then, I have the wonderful memory of Christmas 08 to reflect on throughout 2009. I hope that it was as wonderful a time for you and that you are anticipating God's provision and blessings in this next year.

Below are Christmas pictures followed by my "wrap-up 2008" mini video to portray just a small amount of what the Lord has done in my life this past year. Many blessings and my next blog will come from the new year, 2009!
Christmas morning before opening gifts.

Our beautifully decorated Tree (thanks to Patrice)
Patrice, worn out from the festivities
3 generations for Christmas 08
Getting ready to dig in...thanks Mammy and PeePaw for the amazing feast!
The family picture for 08....until next year!

Now, here's the 2008 finale! Enjoy this short video and, as you watch, remember that while your picture may not appear, your love and support is behind each and every one of the significant moments! May the Lord richly bless you in 2009 and I look forward to another year of emails, blogs, and keeping in touch with you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

Derryck McLuhan said...

What an incredible year of growth, blessing, and dreams-come-true, my sweet girl! I love you so much, and must surely be the proudest Dad on the planet. It's SO wonderful to have you home for Christmas, and I know I'm not going to like seeing you get back on the plane to Colombia. Guess we'll just have to plan a visit!

Jill said...

Great blog zo! Love the pics and vid! See you next week!

Heather said...

Love you, sweet cousin! So proud of you and all that you've accomplished and experienced this year. :-)

aaron-das said...

great video baby....can't wait to see the awesome things that the Lord is going to do in our lives in 2009.

Snapp said...

Cute Daniela! ;) Miss you girl. I'm so excited for you! Hope all is well. :)